Union County Cemetery Association
Cemetery Association meets every third Saturday morning in the small Union County Court Room at 10:00am. Call Ellen Perry 992-4631
The information below is from the official website of the Union County Cemetery Association.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with local, state and federal agencies (i.e. TWRA & TVA) to assure full access clarify maintenance responsibilities and promote rules and/or legislation conducive to the preservation of cemeteries.
- Seek out complimentary relationships with other non-profits in the general area.
- Maintain all cemeteries for which funding has already been provided through private donations.
- Obtain, post and maintain signs for all cemeteries where practical.
- Create database to include: Cemetery Name, Aliases, GPS Coordinates, Description of Location, Signage, Caretaker/Point of Contact, Status/Condition.
- Maintain and update cemetery catalogs.
- Develop a marketing strategy aimed at raising awareness of the UCCA and growing active membership.